IT Business Analyst
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Ref No: 23-00425
- Date: January 27, 2023
- Pay: $70000.0 - $80000.0 per Year USD
- Job title:
Job Description - IT Business Analyst
TITLE: IT Business Analyst
Location: Chicago, IL
Compensation Range: $70,000 to $80,000/yr.
The IT Business Analyst is responsible for interpreting and translating product owners' and stakeholders' business goals and requirements into user stories, grooming those stories and then overseeing their technical development while remaining aligned with strategy, commitments and goals of the organization.
What You'll Do:
- Lead meetings and drive conversation between business stakeholders, IT, Design, and others to produce business requirements as user stories to support a product vision
- Ensure designs and builds are aligned to user stories throughout the development process, including during QA and UAT testing
- Identify, maintain, explain, and help validate acceptance criteria on all stories
- Understand high level technical architecture and help identify gaps between existing systems and what will be needed for a successful product
- Manage user acceptance testing and business-related training
- Manage milestone and launch targets
- Assist the IT Project Manager as needed, including acting in their stead if they are not available
Skills / Experience You Will Need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent level.
- 1 to 3 years of agile BA or Product Management experience
- 1 to 3 years' experience in IT or in a similar technical environment
- Experience working with UX, Product Design and Development teams
- Certifications in agile scrum and/or project management preferred
- Certification in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA)
- Work without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on analyzing data trends for use in reports to help guide decision making
- Knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals
- Be process-oriented but be flexible and change process when needed
- Negotiation skills and conflict resolution
- Strong oral and written communication skills; able to clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong understanding of agile scrum
- Understanding of Software Development project life cycle.
- Proficient with one or more Project Management software tools (e.g, JIRA)
- Ability to flex working hours to meet the needs of the business.
About Infinity Consulting Solutions
At Infinity Consulting Solutions our mission is to cultivate successful long term relationships with candidates and clients matching the right candidate with the right client. We believe technology cannot replace the real personal relationships we cultivate. We reject the notion that technology alone is the answer to staffing which is why we our successful partnerships rely on collaboration NOT automation. ICS has been providing flexible staffing solutions for over 20 years in Information Technology, Compliance, Accounting / Finance and Corporate Support. Our staffing solutions include Contract, Temp to Perm and Permanent Placement.
ICS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*W2 employees of ICS are offered comprehensive benefits including health, dental and vision.