Service Desk Analyst
- Location: Minnetonka, MN
- Job Type: Right to Hire
- Ref No: 23-00387
- Date: January 25, 2023
- Pay: $25.0 - $30.0 per Hour USD
- Job title:
Job Description - Service Desk Analyst
TITLE: Service Desk Analyst
Location: Minnetonka, MN (Open to remote but would like local)
Compensation Range : $25-$30/hour (Depending on Experience)
The Service Desk is the first touch point of all our clients. Working on the Service Desk requires a high level of professionalism, and a focus on creating the best client experience possible.
As a Service Desk Analyst, your primary focus will be answering incoming telephone calls and chats, responding to email and portal tickets, and aiding end users experiencing issues or in need of a request. You will also be fielding escalations from the team, providing support and mentorship to more junior team members.
What You'll Do:
- Perform client support real time via phone and chat and respond to tickets entered through our portal or email
- Communicate ticket updates and status to clients within team SLAs
- Thoroughly document all troubleshooting steps taken and discussion topics in the ticketing system
- Leverage and help update our knowledge base library to provide efficient support and troubleshooting
- Performing remote troubleshooting of client systems and applications
- Communicate trends, significant problems, and unexpected delays to peers and leadership.
- Analyze and resolve problems according to priorities and service level agreements, escalating when necessary.
- Demonstrate effective operational knowledge and skills in troubleshooting core systems and applications
- Support department goals by assisting others with ticket inventory when necessary.
- Prepare and share updates in department meetings by providing information regarding changes or additions to standard procedures.
- Active commitment to professional development.
- Continually improve technical competencies and communication skills.
- Accept other duties as they are assigned from time to time.
- Suggest innovative and creative new ideas and ways of improving processes.
- Cooperate with teammates to nurture a culture of openness, expertise, and a strong client focus.
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation and occasional after-hours work if needed.
Skills / Experience You Will Need:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in an IT environment.
- Knowledge & skills in the following:
- Windows Desktop and Server Operating Systems
- Microsoft Terminal/Remote Desktop services
- Active Directory and Group Policy
- Microsoft Office Exchange or Office 365
- Mobile devices
- General network connectivity
- Scanning & Printing Devices
- Excellent and adaptable customer service skills through phone, email, and chat.
- Exceptional communication skills through phone, email, and chat.
- Operational understanding of the administration of the different monitoring systems.
- Operational understanding of IP-based computer networking within LAN and WAN environments.
- Operational understanding of IT Management Software.
About Infinity Consulting Solutions
At Infinity Consulting Solutions our mission is to cultivate successful long term relationships with candidates and clients matching the right candidate with the right client. We believe technology cannot replace the real personal relationships we cultivate. We reject the notion that technology alone is the answer to staffing which is why we our successful partnerships rely on collaboration NOT automation. ICS has been providing flexible staffing solutions for over 20 years in Information Technology, Compliance, Accounting / Finance and Corporate Support. Our staffing solutions include Contract, Temp to Perm and Permanent Placement.
ICS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*W2 employees of ICS are offered comprehensive benefits including health, dental and vision.