Manager, Linux Systems Engineering - Remote
- Location: Westlake, TX
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Ref No: 23-00383
- Date: January 25, 2023
- Pay: $170000.0 - $180000.0 per Year USD
Job Description - Manager, Linux Systems Engineering - Remote
TITLE: Manager, Linux Systems Engineering
Location: Remote in the U.S.
Compensation Range: $170k-$180k
ICS, a Korn Ferry Company, is seeking a person who will be responsible for leading a Global team of System Engineers responsible for the Linux server infrastructure consisting of physical and virtual on-premises servers.
What You’ll Do:
- Manages a geographically diverse team function of individual contributors.
- Identify, create and apply process improvement to increase product and service quality to achieve business objectives.
- Facilitates successful completion of projects, tasks, and initiatives by embracing a team-first approach. Works in collaboration with multiple teams and offers feedback, where appropriate, to complete individual and group efforts.
- Contributes to department’s short-term strategy and goals.
- Responsible for demonstrating appropriate, clear, concise, and effective written and oral communications in all interactions to build relationships and accomplish day to day work and projects within department.
- Responsible for continuous self-study, trainings, partnering with management, and/or seeking out opportunities to broaden scope to stay up to date with industry and organizational trends. Seeks feedback from management and team for development and effectively incorporates feedback into work and behaviors.
- Completes performance evaluations and coaches/mentor’s staff.
Skills / Experience You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 10 years of total related experience, with at least 3 years of experience in a leadership role
- Strong project management, problem solving, organizational, relationship, communication, and negotiation skills (oral and written) are required.
- Ability to drive efficiency and continuously improve service
- Ability to challenge the status quo and encourage others to do likewise to enable improvements in the support of Experian clients
- Leadership skills for support team members, including direct line management, performance management, absence management, personal development etc.
- Works collaboratively, leads by example and inspires the trust of others
- Effective leadership, coordination, motivation, negotiation, and dispute resolution skills.
- Ability to influence and motivate across a global matrixed organization to ensure best practice.
- Ability to present and communicate with senior stakeholders including management and clients.
- Ability to influence and build productive relationships with key Program stakeholders (both internal and external).
- Strong ability to manage relationships globally while maintaining trusted relationship with team and peers.
- Broad understanding of multiple Linux based application and infrastructure platforms
- Commercially aware
- Ability to apply analytical skills and conceptual thinking to both short term and long-term operations and systems planning over a wide range of technologies.
- Strong understanding of IT strategy and how it relates to business objectives and/or outcomes.
- Ability to apply extensive experience to highly complex problems.
About Infinity Consulting Solutions
At Infinity Consulting Solutions our mission is to cultivate successful long term relationships with candidates and clients matching the right candidate with the right client. We believe technology cannot replace the real personal relationships we cultivate. We reject the notion that technology alone is the answer to staffing which is why we our successful partnerships rely on collaboration NOT automation. ICS has been providing flexible staffing solutions for over 20 years in Information Technology, Compliance, Accounting / Finance and Corporate Support. Our staffing solutions include Contract, Temp to Perm and Permanent Placement.
ICS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*W2 employees of ICS are offered comprehensive benefits including health, dental and vision.