Technical Support Engineer
- Location: Jersey City, NJ
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Ref No: 23-00355
- Date: January 24, 2023
- Pay: $75000.0 - $85000.0 per Year USD
- Job title:
Job Description - Technical Support Engineer
TITLE: Technical Support Engineer $75,000-$85,000 + overtime eligible
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Compensation Range :
The Support Engineer will be a member of a 24/7 remote support team dedicated to a specific customer. The shifts will vary from morning and evening shifts every week, as well as the days of the weekend assigned. One Saturday or Sunday will be worked every 2 weeks, depends on the size of the team.
The Support Engineer will be respond to services calls, manage Incident and Service Request tickets, escalate Problem tickets, monitor the technical environment and perform regular checks to validate stability of systems.
The position will be based in Jersey City and reports to the Technical Service Manager.
What You'll Do:
- Carry out the functions of the Tier 1 Service Desk with adherence to ITIL 2011 based processes.
- System Monitoring - Monitoring of global technology environment; taking action when alerts are received.
- Preventative maintenance – Perform regularly scheduled tasks including Health Checks, Service Validation, and Reporting.
- Front-end Incident Management; with a primary focus towards restoring services with SLAs.
- Manage ticket routing to the appropriate 3rd party support teams.
- Execute break/fix instructions.
- Gather and analyse log information associated with the incident for escalation to other.
- Front-end Service Request Management
- Coordinate service request with on-site resources
- Remotely execute system changes to fulfill service requests.
- Manage service request ticket lifecycle.
Front-end Change Management process
- Coordinate change tickets and manage change control documentation with customer Change Control Board and assigned change managers.
- Manage lifecycle of change ticket.
Ticket lifecycle support (Incidents, Changes, Service Requests) includes:
- Opening, tracking, and closing incident tickets.
- Providing timely customer facing ticket updates, depending on Severity/Priority of ticket, to meet SLAs. Call key stakeholders if necessary.
- Create tickets for all issues, incidents and requests received via the portal, phone call, email and chat.
- Classify incident and request severity and priority and manage tickets in accordance with Operating Level Agreements (OLAs).
Maintain Run Book documentation – update workflows and procedures on a regular basis to keep
Skills / Experience You Will Need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with 1-3 years of front line technical support or related service experience.
- Must possess experience with IT Infrastructure technologies and VoIP Telephony technologies. Must have experience working with ITSM system, such as Remedy.
- High energy and motivated individual with prior work experience in ITIL based culture.
- Experience supporting global customers, working with a wide array of individuals from ends users to customer's business executives. Must demonstrate interpersonal skills necessary to work within a team environment and communicate effectively across a variety of geographically dispersed resources.
- Ability to be self-sufficient and work independently.
- Excellent organizational skills, written-verbal technical communication.
- Flexibility and willing to work non-standard hours on occasion to meet customer demands.
- Demonstrate commitment to quality and customer services.
- Methodical troubleshooting skills.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel, Word and Visio to support updating technical documentation and Run Books.
- Experience with supporting trading floors with Unigy technologies is desirable.
- Experience with NICE Voice Recording products, Cisco CUCM, Client WAVE/Twisted Pair, Oracle Acme Packets, Enghouse Proteus are a plus.
- Proven experience in process improvements and automation is a plus.
- Methodical troubleshooting skills. Wireshark experience a plus.
- SIP certification that covers VOIP path end to end, through PSTN and IP PBXs, via Clients and proxies is desirable.
About Infinity Consulting Solutions
At Infinity Consulting Solutions our mission is to cultivate successful long term relationships with candidates and clients matching the right candidate with the right client. We believe technology cannot replace the real personal relationships we cultivate. We reject the notion that technology alone is the answer to staffing which is why we our successful partnerships rely on collaboration NOT automation. ICS has been providing flexible staffing solutions for over 20 years in Information Technology, Compliance, Accounting / Finance and Corporate Support. Our staffing solutions include Contract, Temp to Perm and Permanent Placement.
ICS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*W2 employees of ICS are offered comprehensive benefits including health, dental and vision.