Business Systems Analyst - Credit
- Location: Newark, NJ
- Job Type: Contract
- Ref No: 23-00349
- Date: January 24, 2023
- Pay: $70.0 - $80.0 per Hour USD
- Job title:
Job Description - Business Systems Analyst - Credit
Business Systems Analyst - Credit
Hybrid, Newark NJ
Compensation Range : $70-$80/hour
- Utilize knowledge of business analysis concepts and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies to support business initiatives and system enhancements within our Credit value stream function
- Perform business process reviews and workflow changes by working with business users, vendors, and IT when applicable
- Manage clear expectations by establishing clear timelines, milestones, and providing transparency on risks, dependencies, and issues through status reporting
- Create process flows and conduct gap analysis for current state vs future state
- Analyze data to help support business requirement gathering and data quality efforts
- Document business requirements and functional and technical specifications
- Analyze business processes and make recommendations for improvements
- Keep abreast of industry initiatives and market trends that impact the business to continue to improve efficiencies
- Responsible for understanding technology impact on the business processes
- Assist with internal/external communication, improving transparency and disseminating information
Your Required Skills:
- 10+ years of Business Analysis at a buy-side Fixed Income firm supporting front office end-users (Credit Research, Portfolio Managers, Investment Risk, & Quantitative Strategies)
- Experience in various Fixed Income instruments is required (e.g. U.S. Treasuries, Investment Grade, High Yield, EMD, Mortgages, Sovereign Debt / Government Bonds, Corporate Bonds, OTCD, and Repos)
- Experience in Fixed Income credit research practices and ESG
- Working knowledge of data governance and ability to ensure high data quality is maintained throughout the data lifecycle of a project
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to structure SQL queries, understand stored procedures, have experience with Business Intelligence Reporting tools and understand relational database models.
- Innate ability to assess current process and suggest change-driven solutions to enhance business outcomes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to conduct root cause analysis on system, process or production problems and ability to provide viable solutions
- Ability to optimize end-user proficiency with new systems, programs, and applications across departments
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects and work effectively under pressure; exceptional organizational and administrative skills; at ease with abundance of details, yet mindful of big picture at all time
- Experience with Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools (Jira, Confluence)
Your Desired Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or a related field.
- CFA Certification
About Infinity Consulting Solutions
At Infinity Consulting Solutions our mission is to cultivate successful long term relationships with candidates and clients matching the right candidate with the right client. We believe technology cannot replace the real personal relationships we cultivate. We reject the notion that technology alone is the answer to staffing which is why we our successful partnerships rely on collaboration NOT automation. ICS has been providing flexible staffing solutions for over 20 years in Information Technology, Compliance, Accounting / Finance and Corporate Support. Our staffing solutions include Contract, Temp to Perm and Permanent Placement.
ICS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*W2 employees of ICS are offered comprehensive benefits including health, dental and vision.