Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Location: Newark, NJ
- Job Type: Contract
- Ref No: 23-00320
- Date: January 20, 2023
- Pay: $75.0 - $83.0 per Hour USD
- Job title:
Job Description - Sr. Business Systems Analyst
Sr. Business Systems Analyst Hybrid, Newark, NJ
Compensation Range : $75-$85/hour
Our technology group is a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with exciting changes on the horizon under new senior leadership. We are looking for a highly analytical Business Analyst that can partner with our internal & external business users to capture & analyze requirements and assist with implementation and testing of software releases. Our ideal candidate will have knowledge of various Fixed Income products and will feel comfortable working within large internal and external data sets and data analysis tools.
What You'll Do:
- Utilize knowledge of business analysis concepts and SDLC methodologies to support business initiatives and system enhancements.
- Liaise between the business users, internal systems team and external vendors, initiating and managing projects, supporting production issues, managing vendor/system releases
- Participate with internal business areas to solicit end user requirements, gain understanding of the purposes or goals of various processes, offerings or practices.
- Ability to lead projects; refines user stories, including identification of project risks and coordinating implementation activities, such as training and the documentation of business process changes.
- Perform business process reviews and document current business and system workflows and recommend future state workflow changes, working with business users, vendors and IT when applicable.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement and introduce innovative recommendations, factoring in customer needs, external approaches, data analytics, as well as industry best practices.
- Keep abreast of industry initiatives, regulatory requirements and market trends that impact the business to continue to improve efficiencies and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Support day-to-day business issues.
Skills / Experience You Will Need:
- 10+ years of Business Analysis, with experience in Investment Management, Performance Reporting and Regulatory compliance, preferably in Fixed Income.
- Demonstrated experience with various SDLC and application development and release control methodologies, including Agile, Waterfall and DevOps
- Strong analytical skills and ability to make independent recommendations and decisions and to develop creative solutions to support business strategies.
- Innate ability to assess current process and suggest change-driven solutions to enhance business outcomes.
- Proven ability to structure SQL queries, understand stored procedures, experience with Business Intelligence Reporting tools and understanding of relational database models. MS SQL Server, Tableau
- Very strong relationship management capabilities and confidence engaging directly with business partners and technical resources
- Solid organizational skills and proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently in a demanding, face-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to document complex workflows.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and partnering skills.
- Hands-on Experience with Power BI Tools
- Proven ability in database design and development
- BS/MS degree in Finance, Statistics, Economics, or Information Technology
- Experience with Jira and Confluence a plus
About Infinity Consulting Solutions
At Infinity Consulting Solutions our mission is to cultivate successful long term relationships with candidates and clients matching the right candidate with the right client. We believe technology cannot replace the real personal relationships we cultivate. We reject the notion that technology alone is the answer to staffing which is why we our successful partnerships rely on collaboration NOT automation. ICS has been providing flexible staffing solutions for over 20 years in Information Technology, Compliance, Accounting / Finance and Corporate Support. Our staffing solutions include Contract, Temp to Perm and Permanent Placement.
ICS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*W2 employees of ICS are offered comprehensive benefits including health, dental and vision.