Director of Application Development and ERP Systems
- Location: Houston, TX
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Ref No: 23-00170
- Date: January 11, 2023
- Pay: $170000.0 - $200000.0 per Year USD
- Job title:
Job Description - Director of Application Development and ERP Systems
TITLE: Director of Application Development and ERP Systems
Location: Houston, TX
Compensation Range: $170k - $180k
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Director of Application Development and ERP Systems provides leadership, resource planning, and team coordination to deliver the digital capabilities required to support business operations. The director will engage with the business teams to understand their strategies, priorities, and the outcomes their solutions need to achieve. This position has responsibility for application architecture and delivery of enterprise-wide sales, manufacturing, and dispensing systems. The candidate will also be responsible for application technology team development, vendor management, applying best practices in software development, and the successful implementation of systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Management of business application teams, technologies and platforms, application integrations, delivery of projects, and creating a great user experience
- Management of consultants, vendors, and business systems contracts
- Development and implementation of an Application Lifecycle Management program for all business applications
- Implement innovative solutions leveraging modern application tools and techniques, enhancing our platform capabilities, and make recommendations to support a rapidly growing organization
- Utilize best practices in software development, agile delivery, and ensuing solutions to meet user specifications and achieve business objectives
- Demonstrated analytical skills and judgment to solve problems and make decisions in a rapidly changing environment
- Accountable for effectively leading, communicating, and managing product changes, ensuring the sustainability of process and performance enhancement
- Competency in project management and agile methodologies to manage a portfolio of projects in progress
- Responsible for management functions with direct reports, including hiring, performance management, timekeeping, expense report approval, mentoring and coaching, etc.
- Responsible for providing effective performance feedback to direct reports by establishing clear goals and expectations, including adherence to standards; holding direct reports accountable for results
- Provide leadership, direction, coaching, and development of promoting teamwork and cooperation within the team and throughout the organization
- Develops and manages budget to ensure required resources are available
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task various projects and responsibilities.
- Understanding Salesforce Sales, Service and Health Clouds, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, and integration technologies.
- Experience with Oracle Cloud Fusion ERP or comparable ERP systems in a product manufacturing environment
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services
- Experience building applications and teams that scale with organizational growth
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the skills above and be able to perform each essential responsibility outlined above effectively. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the position's essential functions.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution is required (in computer science, finance, marketing, business, etc.). Graduate business degree preferred (MBA, MS Computer Science, etc.).
- 10+ years of progressive leadership experience managing projects, organizational change, and customer experience initiatives in a scaling enterprise environment
- 10+ years in a software development leadership role with full-stack development experience on multiple platforms utilizing multiple programming languages
- 5+ years of experience with Cloud PaaS, IaaS, using Azure or AWS.
- 5+ years of experience working with business systems and leading teams to deliver value to the organization.
- 5+ years of experience managing Salesforce teams that build and support platform functionality for sales, customer service, account management, product and pricing, and regulatory compliance.
- 5+ years of experience using third-party resources (onshore/offshore), managing vendors, and vendor contracts
- 5+ years of experience with enterprise integration solutions (Oracle Integration Cloud, Boomi, MuleSoft, Jitterbit)
- Basic knowledge of architectural frameworks (TOGAF, DAMA, Zachman), agile methodologies, and best practices in software design and development.
- An understanding of emerging cloud platforms and application development methodologies.
- Experience implementing infrastructure and operations standards in an enterprise IT environment
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to identify areas of focus and tackle new challenges with or without direction
- Experience leading teams, developing employees, and providing employee feedback
- Ability to work within a dynamic and fast-paced international environment
- Ability to build rapport with other IT team members and engage with business teams
- Excellent oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- Able to express technical and non-technical concepts in clear verbal and written English
- Ability to use own initiative to solve technical problems
- Demonstrate clear and measurable results through the development of KPIs, goals, and milestones
- Drive innovation and best practices to solutions across the company
- Strive for standardization and simplification in all aspects of work
About Infinity Consulting Solutions
At Infinity Consulting Solutions our mission is to cultivate successful long term relationships with candidates and clients matching the right candidate with the right client. We believe technology cannot replace the real personal relationships we cultivate. We reject the notion that technology alone is the answer to staffing which is why we our successful partnerships rely on collaboration NOT automation. ICS has been providing flexible staffing solutions for over 20 years in Information Technology, Compliance, Accounting / Finance and Corporate Support. Our staffing solutions include Contract, Temp to Perm and Permanent Placement.
ICS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*W2 employees of ICS are offered comprehensive benefits including health, dental and vision.