Responsible for the implementation, deployment, maintenance, and support of telephones, turrets and telecommunications networks.
- Designs, implements, manages, monitors, supports, and troubleshoots unified communications networks and equipment, including:
- desk telephones
- trading turrets
- phone and voicemail systems
- voice recording systems
- video conferencing equipment
- Manages vendor relationships and creates purchase orders for new equipment and services
- Liaise with business partner telecom operations on new and existing connectivity
- Monitors and manages inventory of leased-lines and direct voice lines
- Strives to ensure that all systems achieve 100% uptime during and outside of business hours
- Creates and maintains written documentation and diagrams for supported systems
- Experience with telecom wiring, punch-down tools and general data center plant, including the installation of equipment in racks and cabling. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Provides support off-hours and remotely (i.e. from home) when needed
- Travels between New York and NJ offices on an as-needed basis
- Create and maintain written documentation and diagrams for all products and networks.
- Manage projects, including project definition, project plan development, resource allocation, and debriefing
- Provide support off-hours and remotely (i.e. from home) when needed.
- Serve as the final escalation point for Service Desk for telecom-related issues.
- 10+ years of experience supporting telephony in a mission-critical environment.
- Experience with IPC Unigy system and Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Experience with voice mail and voice recording systems
- Experience with Cisco IOS (Voice Gateways, switching)
- Experience with industry standard telephony protocols – SIP, H.323, MGCP, SCCP
- Understanding of telephony concepts such as PBX'es, dial plans, ring-down lines, VoIP, QoS.
- Understanding of types of telecom lines such as DID trunks, SIP, ISDN PRI's/BRI's, FXS/FXO, POTS, ARD/MRD, hoot & holler
- Experience with leased-line ordering, tracking, and provisioning
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment supporting real-time market data and trading.
- Certification and/or training with vendor-neutral or vendor-specific focus.
- Basic understanding of operating system administration (Windows and Linux).
- Basic scripting and automation.
- The ability to solve problems via standard and non-standard methods.
- Organized and methodical testing skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- OS: Linux & Windows.
- Hardware and Applications: Cisco routers and switches, Cisco CUCM, IPC Unigy, Cisco Telepresence and Video Units, WebEx, SIP Trunks, PRIs, FXS/FXO, POTS, ARD/MRD/Hoot lines, Cisco Expressway, Cisco Contact Center, Cisco Emergency Responder, Cisco phones and IPC turrets, Akkadian