Proposal Specialist - Remote
- Location: Remote, IL
- Job Type: Contract
- Ref No: 22-06819
- Date: November 01, 2022
- Pay: $35.0 - $45.0 per Hour USD
- Job title:
Job Description - Proposal Specialist - Remote
TITLE: Proposal Specialist
A global professional services firm is seeking an experienced Proposal Specialist one of their largest internal teams. The main responsibility of the Proposal Specialist will be to assist Higher Education business leaders in their sales efforts by driving the preparation of proposals, presentation slides, meeting materials and content during the sales process. You will act as a partner to business leaders, look for ways to improve overall quality, gain alignment and accountability, and ensure deliverables are on time and of the highest quality.
With a primary focus on supporting the proposal and orals (PowerPoint) development process in response to RFI/RFPs, this individual will seek to work efficiently, project manage appropriately, and leverage other resources when appropriate. This person will be a driver of the overall process – gaining alignment and buy-in of team members, ensuring clarity of responsibilities, and escalating when appropriate. In addition, this individual will work across the Higher Education practice to secure and harvest content and ensure it is tagged correctly and loaded into the technology platform for broader practice utilization.
The team also looks to this individual to gather feedback on responses and content, improve processes/actions based on feedback, update where needed, present and implement new ideas, and help in developing additional sales enablement tools for the assigned practice. This person will be asked to train and mentor other team members in best practices and new processes.
Additionally, this role will help support other key sales initiatives/activities which include orals presentation/pitch support, key account program, sales outreach initiatives, client satisfaction program, sales training, sales assets and asset management, competitive reviews/analysis, team reporting and request triaging.
- Support the daily sales content needs for the Higher Education practice, with particular emphasis on developing proposals and pitch/sales support. This role is responsible for assembling the cross functional team (working closely with lead MD) and driving the process for assignment of responsibilities including the timeline by work product and for executive review. This individual will serve as the interface to corporate functions (i.e. Legal) to ensure necessary information gathering and reviews are completed. Lastly, this individual will be responsible for assembling and proofreading the final product to ensure delivery of a professional proposal/pitch including final review of all formatting and brand related items.
- Opportunity to assist in gathering and analyzing competitive Client, providing strategic sales guidance and recommendations to improve processes, content, sales strategies, presentation materials/strategies, etc.
- Responsible for becoming highly familiar with solutions and key resources for Higher Education and serves as interface to broader enablement team (and enterprise-wide leadership) to share suggested sales asset opportunities (presentation, sales sheet, playbook, etc), feedback, trends and coordinate updates.
- Responsible for ensuring all proposal response content is harvested, identified with proper content owner, tagged to enable intuitive categorization and uploaded to the sales asset management system (Seismic). In addition, the role is responsible for developing content review/update cycles to ensure overall accuracy and relevancy and contributes to the overall sales asset management process.
- Contribute to the continued optimization of proposal best practices and resource training. Which includes co-leading training sessions, developing tools, gathering input for continuous improvement and driving adoption of our sales asset management tool and adherence to content update cadence.
- Review bid scoring criteria as well as dashboards to make help business leaders make bid/no bid recommendations and further optimize our processes and team members.
- Assists in triaging requests, aligning support, replying and interfacing with our internal clients on a timely basis.
- 3-5 years’ experience in b-to-b firm. Previous experience with Proposal/RFP development and tools (Microsoft Teams/Sharepoint, Seismic, Salesforce, Shipley, APMP) is highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a proposal development leader and overall driver of the process (assign responsibilities, lead timeline, manage action item register, develop risk mitigation plan, establish executive updates/escalation, leverage shared resources), resulting in on time, quality deliverables; strong project management skills
- Strong executive presence and ability to navigate different leadership styles and availability.
- Rigorous attention to detail and focus on quality of deliverables.
- Strong negotiation skills, proven consensus builder, and strong ability to build relationships with leaders.
- Strong writing, editing and PowerPoint skills. Includes deep understanding of how to leverage MS formatting and editing capabilities (especially in Word and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated experience as self-starter with limited need for supervision with ability to take complex issues and tease apart for phased execution.
- Ability to be available after hours and weekends as needed / directed by deadlines.
About Infinity Consulting Solutions
At Infinity Consulting Solutions our mission is to cultivate successful long term relationships with candidates and clients matching the right candidate with the right client. We believe technology cannot replace the real personal relationships we cultivate. We reject the notion that technology alone is the answer to staffing which is why we our successful partnerships rely on collaboration NOT automation. ICS has been providing flexible staffing solutions for over 20 years in Information Technology, Compliance, Accounting / Finance and Corporate Support. Our staffing solutions include Contract, Temp to Perm and Permanent Placement.
ICS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.