- Location: Midvale, UT
- Job Type: Contract
- Ref No: 22-07439
- Date: December 08, 2022
- Pay: $60.0 - $90.0 per Hour USD
- Job title:
Job Description - Data Engineer
TITLE: Data Engineer $60-$90/hour
Location: Midvale, Utah
As a Data Engineer, you’ll provide your talents in contributing to the success of the team by delivering all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including design, coding, integration testing, deployment, operations support and documentation using Agile methodologies. Also, able to work independently, collaborate with cross-functional teams on technical understanding, handle multiple concurrent projects, with an ability to prioritize and manage projects effectively with changing priorities.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with architects, engineers, information analysts, business, and technology stakeholders for developing and deploying enterprise grade platforms that enable data-driven solutions.
- Enthusiasm and strong desire to learn and grow within the organization.
- Demonstrate strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong focus on long-term strategy, application stability, refactoring and re-usability.
- Analyzes and designs technical solutions to address business needs.
- Develops, tests, and modifies software to improve efficiency of data platforms and applications.
- Identifies, investigates, and proposes solutions to technical problems.
- Coordinate with data operations teams to deploy changes into production.
- Serve in the goalie rotation to support Test, QA, and Production environments.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills / Experience You Will Need:
- Requires a Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 6+ years of experience with Data Warehousing, data technologies and ETL solutions.
- Experience in ETL (IBM Datastage preferred), SQL, UNIX/Linux scripting, Big Data distributed systems, programming languages like Java and Python, orchestration tools and processes or other directly related experience.
- Extensive experience in data migration, data analysis, data transformations, conversion, interface, large volume data loading (ETL techniques), database modeling, and performance SQL tuning.
- Experience in leveraging database tools to develop DDL scripts, stored procedures, and functions to create and alter database objects.
- Experience working with Greenplum, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Teradata, and delimited text files would be helpful.
- Experience working with cloud or on-prem Big Data/MPP analytics platform like Google BigQuery, Azure Data Warehouse, or similar is a plus
- Experience with designing and implementing real-time pipelines is a plus
- Experience with data pipeline automation and CI/CD tools like Jenkins is a plus
- Hands on experiences with Git version control processes, data streaming technologies such as Kafka, and unstructured data handling is a plus
About Infinity Consulting Solutions
At Infinity Consulting Solutions our mission is to cultivate successful long term relationships with candidates and clients matching the right candidate with the right client. We believe technology cannot replace the real personal relationships we cultivate. We reject the notion that technology alone is the answer to staffing which is why we our successful partnerships rely on collaboration NOT automation. ICS has been providing flexible staffing solutions for over 20 years in Information Technology, Compliance, Accounting / Finance and Corporate Support. Our staffing solutions include Contract, Temp to Perm and Permanent Placement.
ICS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*W2 employees of ICS are offered comprehensive benefits including health, dental and vision.