VP Control Room
- Location: Jersey City, NJ
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Ref No: 22-07405
- Date: December 07, 2022
- Pay: $125000.0 - $185000.0 per Year USD
- Job title:
Job Description - VP Control Room
An investment bank is seeking two control room officers.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates to be measured on the following four performance drivers, which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Impacts division and influences peers and team
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact
- Relies on limited guidance for most complex decision making
- Is responsible for driving outcomes which have meaningful effect on team or department
Leadership and Collaboration
- Creates trust with department leaders
- Acts in leadership capacity for large projects, processes, or programs for a team
Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
- Able to build relationships with a mix of intermediate and senior colleagues or clients
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders
- Demonstrates the ability to persuade and influence stakeholders at the team level
Compliance Culture and Conduct
- Takes full responsibility for personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts
- Perceived as a person of high moral character; upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards ”
Under the Market Integrity framework, the Control Room for the Americas: (1) Ensures that information barriers between public-side and private-side businesses are fully operational and robust; and (2) Enforce controls that are reasonably designed to prevent the misuse of material non-public information ( "MNPI”). Key responsibilities germane to this position include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain the firm’s Global Watch ( "WL”), Grey ( "GL”) and Restricted Lists ( "RL”), including seeking and responding to transaction updates from global banking teams.
- Define and implement, as necessary, restrictions applicable to sales, trading and/or research activities.
- Communicate with the Global Control Room counterparts in managing the firms Restricted, Watch and Grey Lists; and the conflict management tool COSIMA.
- Responsible for reviewing potential client conflicts within the Bank, and liaising with the various businesses, as necessary, to resolve any real or perceived conflicts of interest.
- The Control Room as a whole acts as a key advisor to business groups as well as other Legal and Compliance colleagues on issues regarding Information Barriers, wall crossing procedures, sensitive information and Need-to-Know Principle.
- Research and respond to inquiries from Global Banking and select groups within Global Markets (e.g., Capital Markets).
- Advise Global Banking groups and select groups within Global Markets of regulatory requirements on a transaction-specific basis.
- Primary responsibility/oversight of newly created Research platform as a result of the recent purchase of the remaining stake in Exane SA, an Investment Company located in France.
- Coordinate Research publication activities (e.g., identification and consolidation of requisite disclosures, WL/RL impact), including training the Control Room team on the Research clearance process.
- Track new industry initiatives and developments, and participate in meetings concerning implementation of any new requirements.
- Establish written guidance on the appropriate implementation of regulatory requirements, laws, rules and standards through policies and procedures and other documents such as Compliance Bulletins, Americas Control Room Guide, etc.
- Conduct training as directed on various Compliance/regulatory topics and utilize various methods (e.g., team meetings, targeted Business Line training, and Compliance Bulletins) to educate the marketers, traders and bankers.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- BA or BS Degree required.
- Minimum of 7 - 10 years of experience with a financial services firm in a Control Room, which includes Research.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. securities rules and regulations, especially those of the SEC (i.e., SEC Rule 10b-5) and Client (i.e., Client Rules 2241 and 2242).
- Strong ability to apply knowledge of rules and regulations to numerous types of trading and banking activities and operational arrangements in addition to interpreting the effect of new regulations on these activities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including writing, with the ability to interact effectively with across regions and various levels of management and maintain relationships with stakeholders.
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple undertakings at the same time and with different level of granularity, constantly keeping focus on priorities.
- Transversal competency:
- Analytical Ability to manage a project, Ability to conduct a negotiation, Ability to anticipate business/ strategic evolution, Ability to inspire others & generate people’s commitment, Ability to develop and adapt a process.
- Behavioral competency:
- Personal Impact/ Ability to influence, Attention to detail/ rigor, Critical thinking, Adaptability, Active listening, Organizational skills.
- Work effectively in a team environment and foster effective working relationships.
- Product knowledge (Fixed Income, Equities/Derivatives, etc.).
- Prior experience with a financial services firm and/or self-regulatory organization in a compliance, audit, or regulatory related position.
- Familiarity with PowerPoint and Excel.
- Securities licenses preferred (Series 7, 79, 63).
- Master’s Degree.
Client Registrations Required:
- Securities licenses preferred (Series 7, 79, 63).
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person: