Senior Design Program Manager
- Location: Mountain View, CA
- Job Type: Contract
- Ref No: 22-07396
- Date: December 07, 2022
- Pay: $70.0 - $70.0 per Hour USD
- Job title:
Job Description - Senior Design Program Manager
Senior Design Program Manager
12 + Month Contract
Our QuickBooks team creates tools and services that improve the chances of success for small businesses and self employed around the world: from time tracking to invoicing, from payroll to accounting. We are looking for a thoughtful and collaborative —customer-obsessed— Sr. Design Program Manager to lead our Design Operations for Brand and Marketing Design and partner closely with our teams based in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia.
Design Operations works across the entire team, supporting our biggest projects, defining and tracking our goals, and ensuring that every designer has the support they need to create and invent customer-focused solutions. Reporting into the Head of Design Operations, you will be responsible for developing end-to-end processes, routines, and operational mechanisms —including defining team rituals.
Our Design organization has a center of gravity in the West Coast of the US but we are a distributed team with members throughout the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia. We value creative, self-driven individuals who care about the work they produce and the people they work with—and we love a good sense of humor, too! If you are an excellent communicator and collaborator who likes to work independently as well as in team settings, we would love to hear from you. Come join our team!
How you will lead
- Partner with Design and Marketing leadership in key project decision-making, including: requirements gathering, prioritization, scheduling, resource allocation, and coordination of teams and reviews.
- Project manage key Design initiatives
- Lead design delivery by managing team backlogs and removing obstacles, coordinating reviews with stakeholders, communicating team status, and empowering designers to own their timelines.
- Anticipate bottlenecks and provide escalation when needed.
- Implement repeatable processes and tools to help us prioritize, plan and manage our workload leveraging the capabilities of a globally distributed team.
- Enable efficient workflows and communication.
- Establish and launch various how-we-work, or 'playbook' methods and trainings for the design team and its partners to use.
- Be a trusted advisor and strategic partner to Design Managers, and Designers alike, supporting roadmap planning, and increasing engagement across the team.
- Collaborate with Product Design, Marketing, Product Development, Data Analytics and other cross-functional partners making sure interdependencies are understood and planned for.
- Work to identify opportunities to improve the design process and conversely to advocate for the design process across the business.
- Create meaningful reports and presentations of program details and health for leadership.
What You'll Bring
- Extensive experience (10+ yrs) in managing complex projects / programs for a large software business in the area of Design or Product Development and or equivalent experience within a large Design agency environment.
- Experience setting strategic direction, problem solving, process improvement - you not only demonstrate understanding of the 'What' but also have demonstrated developing the 'How.'
- Experience working with distributed teams across many time zones.
- Proficiency with project management software.
- Deep understanding of complex processes, design process standards and practices. Experimental mindset knowing when to try something new, when to pivot, and when to persevere with processes and operating models.