- Location: Dallas, TX
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Ref No: 18-07675
- Date: December 07, 2018
Job Description - Infrastructure Architect
Direct Hire: Base + Bonus
ICS has partnered with a growing company in the Oil/Gas/Energy industry to hire an Infrastructure Architect! The Architect will design and implement servers, configure, troubleshoot, provide technical advice, make upgrades and repairs, evaluate new products, and make recommendations to address business requirements and improve workflow to ensure consistency and effective involvement of support resources throughout all project phases.
The Infrastructure Architect will split time between the Corporate office in Dallas and the Data Center in Richardson.
What You’ll Do:
- Act as a project lead for medium to large projects and coordinates multiple resources, including employees, vendors and IT management.
- Research and resolve complex issues regarding operations, installations, on-line transactions, system status and downtime.
- Consult regularly with management and end users on needs and requests related to corporate systems and application.
- Create plans for data communications networks, network infrastructure solutions, server deployment, explains plan to management, makes decisions about computer hardware and layout, and oversees plan implementation.
- Design, implement and support datacenter infrastructure, including but not limited to Microsoft Windows and Linux servers, data protection and application servers.
- Support Active Directory (AD) environments in compliance with legal, regulatory and internal policies and standards, and ensures compliance of AD solutions by participating in the identification of compliance data, data collection, analysis and remediation.
- Provide the highest-level proactive administration and daily operation for server and application virtualization solutions (i.e. VMWAre ESX 6.x).
- Configure, tests and deploys server and datacenter infrastructure.
- Use best practice methodologies to develop and manage data backup, disaster recovery and replication throughout the enterprise.
- Install, supports and administers software and/or custom applications as required, resolving issues at all levels and updating patches.
- Provide telephone, e-mail, and after-hours support to all sites using various tools.
- Develop and maintains clear, concise, and accurate technical documentation for the application and supporting infrastructure environment, including detailed design documents, and builds procedures, training and technical support guidelines.
- Analyze usage and trends, and evaluates vendor products in hardware and software.
- Monitor system health, performance tunes, and troubleshoots virtualization and other software environments and evaluates all in-place systems and applications.
- Consult with business and end users to provide support and resolve application and connectivity issues.
- Document activities such as down time, problems, and system configurations.
- Monitor virtualized server environment and resolves host system issues to provide the highest level of availability.
- Relocate technical equipment to and from an assigned location.
- Identify opportunities and designs solutions to address business requirements and improve workflow to ensure consistency and effective involvement of support resources throughout all project phases.
- Troubleshoot, research solutions, and monitor server and virtualized environment activity using industry standard toolsets as well as custom coded solutions.
Skills/Experience You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, computer engineering or another closely related discipline is required.
- 10+ years of progressive IT experience, preferably centered around enterprise infrastructure/systems
- 1 or more of the following certifications: VMWare VCP, Citrix XenApp/Desktop (CCEE, CCA, CCIA, CCAA), Microsoft MCSE, Industry (A+, Network+).
- Advanced administration, implementation, project management and support experience required in: MS Active Directory, MS Windows platform and MS Office Suite, virtualization software (VMWAre ESXi) and Servers.
- Advanced knowledge of file/print servers, security and permissions using active directory, and Microsoft Powershell 3.0+. Strong working knowledge of MS Visio for documentation.
- Ability to document and evaluate current environment and use best practice methodologies to ensure highest level investment utilization.
- Demonstrated experience and broad knowledge of the principles, techniques and methodology of project management, quality management, and change management.
- Experience organizing, planning, and executing projects from vision through implementation, involving internal personnel, contractors, and vendors; ability to analyze projects and determine resources needed to meet objectives.
- Experience with Privileged Access management and multi-factor authentication.
- Additional support experience using PowerShell and VBscript, TCP/IP, WINS, DHCP, SMTP, DNS and anti-virus is preferred.