Application Support Engineer
- Location: chicago, IL
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Ref No: 19-00315
- Date: January 11, 2019
Questions about this job listing?
Contact the recruiter now.
Job Description - Application Support Engineer
Our client is seeking a strong Application Support Engineer. The ideal candidate will be well versed I all things Automation and Python development specifically.
Candidates need to have working knowledge of financial systems, enterprise application maintenance/Support and be able to thrive under pressure.
- Production support for all clearing applications and automated processes
- Creation and enhancement of automated processes
- Completion of project work and enhancement requests related to automated clearing processes
- Testing and deployment of code changes and other upgrades to the production environment
- Work with IT management to continually improve team processes, systems, and procedures
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience
- 2+ of experience in application support
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to troubleshoot complex technical problems
- Ability to collaborate with diverse teams and staff of all levels both locally and globally
- Strong communication skills
- Desire to continually expand knowledge and understanding of changing systems
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Interest in financial industry
TECHNICAL & FUNCTIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Experience with SQL procedures and troubleshooting
- Python Programming experience
- Brokerage Systems experience a plus
- Experience with system monitoring tools a plus
- Familiarity with ITIL standards and processes a plus
- Experience with one or more of DB2, C#, Docker, JIRA, Service Now, Bitbucket, Bamboo